AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to use HTPC wth this machine. I purchased an RCA VGA to Component converter and it does not seem to work with this PJ. I know the AudioAuthority version of this box does work. My question is: Can I run a 4 BNC breakout cable from my Radeon card choosing the RGB input option. If this would work, what rez and refresh would I use. I would like to hear from anyone who may have hooked it up this way.

I guess I am also thinking of a good prog.scan DVD player as well.

Thanx

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nelman

Unfortunately to get progressive scan on the 400Q you have to use the HTPC.

I know since this post you have it up and running. The 400Q will accept 540P a derivative of 1080i . But it will not accept 480P and that is what most if not all progressive scan DVD players output !

Then new D1 will output 1080i over DVI not component . I think once you have tweaked the unit with your HTPC you will do much better than a set top 480P player. The HTPC is the sweet spot for the 400Q .

1080i from the Hi Pix card looked great. Any HDTV set top box with component out should work with 1080i. johnathan

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx John,

I did the research on the progressive input capabilities after I posted. I'm glad I tried disconnecting the Extron because I think I would have ordered the AudioAuth.. version transcoder..The RCA really does work fine too. Good luck on the HS-10, bet you can't wait to get it. Are you buying brand new? I will look for your review.

N

·
Registered
884 Posts
Yes

I am buying brand new. And the last 2 weeks with a 32" TV is killing me . johnathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.