AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just built it on a ASUS M3Aa78-Em motherboard with HDMI out. Problem is that when I directly hook it to the HDMI input on the TV I get a blank screen. The manual of the sony A2020 said something about not directly connecting thru HDMI. I was wondering if anybody had any experience. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Don't know about your particular MB, but I've got a similiar set hooked up to my SXRD (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H RS780) w/o an issue.

Do you a regular monitor lying around that you can connect to your HTPC at the same time and see what might be going on?

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Most motherboards with HDMI and DVI outputs will only support one or the other at any given time - along with VGA.

You may find there is a BIOS setting that is something like VGA+DVI or VGA+HDMI.

(Sometimes VGA is called D-Sub)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently built a HTPC with ASUS M3N78-VM AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard, CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4850e 2.5GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor and BR drive: Lite-on that came with PowerDVD 7.3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131318

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103255

I finally got the display on the SXRD when connected through the reciever

So presently I have the PC connected with HDMI cable from the onboard HDMI to the Onkyo 605 and then through another HDMI cable to the SXRD.

My problem is that I cannot play any BR(tried only commercial BR) even after downloading the patch from the Cyberlink website. I get the error message reading something like: "cannot verify HDCP compatibility". I was wondering if there is something that I am missing. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.