AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to hook up my Wii to a ceiling mounted projector. The first obstacle I'm seeing is finding a component video cable with the Wii connector that is long enough (I'm guessing I need something in the 25 foot range).

What's the best solution for me to get the 480p video feed from the Wii to my projector?

The projector has the following available inputs:

Component

Composite

HDMI

S-Video

VGA

RS-232

Is it best to run the cable thru a convertor box of some kind near the Wii console?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/18901777

It's pretty easy to extend component with a couple of female to female barrel connectors. Check out monoprice.com.

I got a component coupler from them once - think it ran me under $1 shipped as part of a larger order.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I assuming (guessing) you are going to use a receiver to run audio, because projectors don't give off much volume. I personally hook the wii to the receiver then component out to the projector. This way if for some reason you need use component from something else (not sure what that would be but..) you can just hook it up to the receiver.

I second monoprice, they have 25 and 50 ft length cables for cheap.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Yes, I have the typical short Wii video out to component cable, coupled with a female/female connector to a 25' component cable, and it works fine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I run the Wii through my ceiling projector. Went with monoprice component cables out of the Wii to the receiver's component input. Then a 35' component cable from the back of the receiver to the projector. Works like a champ....treat the wii just like any other a/v component.

Welcome to the world of big screen gaming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts