AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe it's me but I can't find a thread detailing this. I'm trying to hook up my new paradigm dsp-3100 sub to my avr. I was attempting to use an rg-6 cable with rca connectors for a cable but that doesn't seem to work. Any idea what I need to get to make this work? I apologize for my naivete, this is my first speaker setup.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Since Yami won't let you download the manual unless you are a registered owner, I have to make some guesses.

On the AVR, you should find an RCA jack labeled Subwoofer Out or SW Out or LFE Out or Pre-out SW or a cluster of pre-outs use the SW. Connect one end of your cable to whatever you find. Connect the other end to the subs Sub In/LFE In or Line-Level In (right) jack. On the sub, turn the phase to 0, the Crossover to max or disable, power to auto on or on.

On your AVR, set all speakers to Small and Sub to On. Now you can play. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, it looks like the issue may be with the receiver or one of the settings on it. If i turn the sub all the way up I get a low signal out of it. I have tried this on another sub as well and get similar results. I have also swapped out the cable with a basic 6ft rca cable and same thing.

My "LFE/Bass Out" is set to sub (SWFR) and as I only have two fronts (Monitor 7's) plugged in Front SP is set to SMALL

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
See your PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been trying to work on this all night, looking at the front display of the receiver, the lights for LFE go out unless I'm in the basic menu setup. Everything I have connected is via HDMI and the settings are at 2 ch audio. Anyone have any ideas how to get that to turn on?

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
First, see page 41 in the manual and run the Auto Setup process.

Then see page 80 in your manual.

Set subwoofer to SWFR. Set Front to Small. Set all others to None.

Once you get output from the sub, then we can make other settings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have run the auto setup, the fronts are set to small and I have tried both SWFR and BOTH for the lfe/bass out.

I am getting some output if I turn the volume all the way up on the sub. I'm going to try and run the cables off the speakers tonight to see if it may be an issue with the reciever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts