AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find my exact situation in these forums so I started a new thread. If there is an existing thread please let me know.

I need to supply music from a laptop at an upcoming wedding. The venue is wired for sound and has a 3.5mm plug to connect to an audio source.
Their system has very little bass however. I would like to bring my powered Polk Sub and play music through it and their existing sound system.
crutchfield.com/S-Z6cnDhQYPAr/p_107PSW12B/Polk-Audio-PSW12-Black.html

Can anybody recommend some sort of splitter/adapter that I can plug into my 2009 macbook pro, that would allow output to a 3.5mm plug and connect to my sub?
support.apple.com/kb/sp541?locale=en_US

I am not sure if I should use the unfiltered input or the RCAs when connecting to the subwoofer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Can anybody recommend some sort of splitter/adapter that I can plug into my 2009 macbook pro, that would allow output to a 3.5mm ... I am not sure if I should use the unfiltered input or the RCAs when connecting to the subwoofer.
Just use a 3.5mm splitter - one side to the audio system and the other side to a 3.5mm / RCA adapter and connect to the sub. Connect to the sub line level / RCA input and use the sub controls to match / blend to the audio system.

3.5mm splitter:

3.5mm male to rca male:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.