AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked everywhere. I'm trying to connect my Sony Vaio to my Samsung 4081 using svga but the pc option on the samsung is always grayed out. I've tried different resolutions but I culdn't fix the problem. My display card is MOBILE INTEL 915GM/GMS,910GML EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY. I even tried calling samsung but they weren't very helpful. One more thing, what should I turn on first the laptop or the lcd ? Also when swtiching resolution should I turn the lcd off ? Please help me I'm really new to this and I can't find anyone to help me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-motive /forum/post/12877063

looked everywhere. I'm trying to connect my Sony Vaio to my Samsung 4081 using svga but the pc option on the samsung is always grayed out. I've tried different resolutions but I culdn't fix the problem. My display card is MOBILE INTEL 915GM/GMS,910GML EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY. I even tried calling samsung but they weren't very helpful. One more thing, what should I turn on first the laptop or the lcd ? Also when swtiching resolution should I turn the lcd off ? Please help me I'm really new to this and I can't find anyone to help me.

Did you ever get any assistance on your issue? I am having the same problem and any lessons learned would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
if its like the xx71, you need to go into the menu and name hdmi1 to pc, on the xx71, hdmi1 and the vga input share the connection, to use the vga you need to name hdmi1 to pc. you can try that and see if that works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts