AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent this over to xlr8yourmac and thought it might be of interest to some of the readers here...

I recently purchased I-O Data's AVeL LinkPlayer2 to replace both my DVD player and EyeHome box. Like most others that have taken this path, I needed a convenient way to view my EyeTV recordings from the LinkPlayer. Symlinks work, but they're not very practical for this purpose and the EyeConnect UI is laughable. It didn't take much digging around with the LinkServer software to discover that, like EyeHome, not only was it Syabas-based, it was essentially the same software. That is with one key difference - no validation of the hardware unit attempting to connect. A little more digging around and I found that it was very easy to remove said validation. What does this mean? Well it means that you can connect your LinkPlayer (or any Syabas-based player for that matter) to your EyeHome server. If you don't own the EyeHome hardware, I believe the software is a free download. Here's what you need to do...

1. Find the EyeHome.prefPane (username/Library/Preferences/PreferencePanes)

2. "Show Package Contents" of the preference pane

3. Go to Contents/Resources and "Show Package Contents" of the EyeHome application

4. Go to Contents/Resources/Java/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF

5. Open up web.xml in a text editor

6. Remove the following elements:

Code:
Code:
fwname
EGT
7. If you own a LinkPlayer, you may want to add the following extensions to the files listed below:

ROOT/application/video/xml/extension.xml

ROOT/xml/video.xml

Code:
Code:
dvr-ms
wmv
ts
m2t
trp
8. Save all files, relaunch EyeHome, and you're done

I actually have Wizd and EyeHome running side-by-side and connect to whichever is appropriate for my purpose. Oh and in case you're wondering, the EyeHome hardware will successfully connect to Wizd, or other Syabas-based server software.

Have fun,

J.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllojical /forum/post/0

7. If you own a LinkPlayer

J.

Ok, I have a LinkPlayer2 and an Imac, but do not own any Elgato products. I downloaded eyehome (1.8) upgrade and installed it.

I can not find any of the files you are talking about.

Eyehome shows up on the Linkplayer menu on my TV and get an unauthorized access, Try again later text.

LJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.