Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

After lurking about here for a couple of months I'm ready to take the plunge. It's been a pleasure learning the ropes from such knowledgeable HT fans.

Still in the planning stages but the Z2 and V-800 are on my must have list. I have a well-equipped woodshop and am currently building theater seats. Also built freestanding DIY screen using blackout cloth and modified plans found on this board.

Anyway, I want to house all my A/V components in cabinets that flank the screen. I plan to use the Z-2 to view DVD's and watch HDTV via a Dish Net 811 receiver. Numerous posters have mentioned that the DVI input to the Z-2 produces the best picture. I'm wondering if I can still get a clean HD picture using the component outs of the 811 receiver, thereby, reserving the DVI input for the V-880 DVD player? Sure would be a shame to spend so much money on equipment and, need to manually plug and unplug the DVI connector every time I wanted to switch from DVD to HD.

Looks like I'll need about 20' of DVI and component cable to make the run from the PJ to the cabinets. Is this going cause "Jaggies" and what's a good web site to purchase said cables?

TIA for any assistance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.