AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Got my Polk tsi500 today, it seems like it's not as easy as connecting the "red and black wire"? it has low and high frequency input? My denon avr doesn't have that output.. How do you connect with the avr?

Thanks!

·
Registered
700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Texan /forum/post/20895364

Hi all,

Got my Polk tsi500 today, it seems like it's not as easy as connecting the "red and black wire"? it has low and high frequency input? My denon avr doesn't have that output.. How do you connect with the avr?

Thanks!

Sounds like they are bi-wireable but you will hear a lot of people say it's not worth it to do. Plug them in as you normally would any speaker, just use one set of connections on the back of the polks.

·
Registered
29,309 Posts
don't waste your time, just connect them to one set of terminals.

You should get good performance out of them as those speakers have a high sensitivity and are easy to drive by any decent receiver.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
make sure the brass "jumper" plates go from red to red and black to black, then connect your speaker wires to one set of black/red binding posts.

taking the brass jumpers out just separates the woofers from the mid/tweeter speakers. And yes, bi-wiring is pretty much a waste of time and resources.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
It's actually set up for bi-amping not bi-wiring.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Well, bi-wiring does absolutely nothing as where bi-amping can actually give you an improvement.(sometimes). And there are many that dispute even that.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/20899437

I wouldn't do either...

Agreed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.