AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a second RTV unit which is RTV5080, the first one being RTV 5040. Both of the units have the newset sw version running on 530510190. I do not have any network so connected both of them directly to each other via a crossover cable. Switched the configuration to ethernet and then entered fake IP info just differing by one no like 192.168.20.2 and 192.168.20.6 and valid gateway, subnet,DNS for them as the same on both. then keep all settings and they were ready for use.

The issue is one of them is able to see the second but the second one is not able to view the first one. No RTV finder comes on the top right corner. I tried changing the name of RTV and then doin a net connect it serches and verifies the network and then gives connection error as they are obviously not conncetd to network. Again, when I look for the other RTV it doesnt show up but the first one is able to see it.

Any suggestions of what can I try next.

Harry

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Should be able to leave them both as modem....and then just connect the cross over cable...and have the plug and play of the ethernet port make it work.

They should eventually find each other, though if they need help...there is 243-RZ option 18.

The Dreamer.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've had that happen to me before. I actually had to reboot BOTH units, and then it worked fine for me. I think one of the unit's "server process" or whatever freaked out, causing problems on both units. They're on a network, not a crossover cable though so even though that shouldn't matter, YMMV...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.