AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me connect Wii to AV receiver.

Wii with component cables (all in one audio and video component).

Onkyo TX-SR506.

Before, I went directly to the plasma TV with composite cable only.

Now, I want better picture and audio so I purchased component cable for Wii. I really could use some help as previous connection is unplugged and kids are growing impatient.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Component and audio cables from Wii-->Receiver

Component cables from Receiver-->TV

What else do you need to know? Just plug the component and audio cables from the Wii into your AV receiver then the outputs from your receiver to the TV. The component input on your receiver should have a corresponding audio input where the sound from the Wii can be plugged in. Then just switch the receiver and TV to the component inputs and you should be ready to throw down with some wii bowling.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've got a similar situation and didn't want to start another thread I have a Pioneer Elite TV and have removed the sound bar. My sound is running through my receiver with the video through the TV (my receiver is old and doesn't have HDMI inputs).

So, how do I hook up my Wii? I'm guessing I have to go from the Wii to the receiver 1st. Do I run component cables to the receiver for the audio? And then run component cables from the receiver to the TV for the video? Or should I do something else?

Thanks in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
189 Posts
You should wire the video cables directly to the TV and run the audio cables directly to the AVR.

Unless you are running HDMI cables, you should avoid sending the AVR video.

P.S. you may need some extensions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts