AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

through a series of events I ended up getting my home theater system in parts and sooner than planned (old sony unit died, prompting the new receiver, need for a subwoofer with an amplifier prompted speaker purchase)

so now I'm staring at the back of my subwoofer unclear on what connects. I have a silver and copper output from the subwoofer RCA connection on the back of the receiver and I have an low level input which is 2 RCA connections or 2 separate high level wire clamps from for left and right, high and low for each. I'm a bit confused as to what is supposed to go where? I'm assuming my receiver is set up to do the low level input connection, but I want to make sure before I go and get the wires I'd need to make the connection.

Is this right or should I be using the high level inputs on my subwoofer?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Connect a mono RCA cable from the SUB OUT on the back of the Yamaha to either of the LOW LEVEL jacks (left or right, doesn't matter) on the back of the sub. Make sure the crossover switch is set to EXTERNAL (LFE). That's all there is to is.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
How is this tiny sub working out?I have a small 8 by 10 room and wondered if this is worth taking a look at.i also have a 673

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Yes this is it.I like the idea of this tiny thing working with my Polks set to large.Might give me just that little bit of extra bite without getting me thrown out of my condo.

·
Registered
553 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWIII  /t/1520064/connecting-yamaha-rx-v-673-to-psb-subseries-1#post_24416326

Connect a mono RCA cable from the SUB OUT on the back of the Yamaha to either of the LOW LEVEL jacks (left or right, doesn't matter) on the back of the sub. Make sure the crossover switch is set to EXTERNAL (LFE). That's all there is to is.

I would also try the high level inputs. For some reason, some subs seem to work better with the high level input than the rca input, and it's a cheap and easy thing to try out. Just need some speaker wire.

·
Registered
899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyrees  /t/1520064/connecting-yamaha-rx-v-673-to-psb-subseries-1/0_50#post_24421207

I would also try the high level inputs. For some reason, some subs seem to work better with the high level input than the rca input, and it's a cheap and easy thing to try out. Just need some speaker wire.
The sub doesn't have any high-level outputs though. To which speaker channels would you connect the sub, given that the fronts cannot pass through it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.