AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Klipsch subs I would like to run in my home theatre setup.Currently running is my Klipsch ssub10, I would like to run both my older Klipsch sub SW 10 II and the SSub10 in series.

The sub 10 is being fed from my receiver,it has a Left/lfe and Right line in.RCA

The SW10 II has Left and Right input and left and right output.RCA

Can both be hooked up in series?I tried but only the ssub10 is working.

What Am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just use a y-adapter from the receiver to split the signal to your subs. You don't need to run them in a series. You can then either plug it into the left input or use another y-cable to plug into both, depending on what your manuals recommend.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyW. /forum/post/15511614

I have two Klipsch subs I would like to run in my home theatre setup.Currently running is my Klipsch ssub10, I would like to run both my older Klipsch sub SW 10 II and the SSub10 in series.

The sub 10 is being fed from my receiver,it has a Left/lfe and Right line in.RCA

The SW10 II has Left and Right input and left and right output.RCA

Can both be hooked up in series?I tried but only the ssub10 is working.

What Am I doing wrong?

Technically, it would be a parallel connection. But that is essentially irrelevant with a line level signal to 2 powered subwoofers. If you want to daisy-chain the subs, the SW10 should be the sub that is connected to the receiver as it is the one that has line-level outputs. Right? And it might not matter, but if you connect the SW10 via its Left (or Right) input, then pass the signal to the Sub10 via the SW10's Left (or Right) output. This output should be connected to the Sub10's Left/LFE input. And are the SW10's outputs unfiltered or possibly high-passed? Either way, the best method to connect 2 subs is to simply use a Y-adapter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts