AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thinking about it for about three years I finally pulled the trigger on a Fujitsu P50XTA51US. At least it saved my about $3500. Now I have to wait a couple of weeks to get it. My question is about connections between my controller, satellite box, and DVD player. I have:

Anthem AVM20 (composite, s-video, and component in/out)

Pioneer DV-47AI (composite, s-video, and component out)

Direct TV satellite box (I obviously need to replace my existing single head system)

I ordered a component video cable that's going to cost me about $240 that I could probably cancel. Since the AVM20 doesn't do any conversion, I'd also need cables fo the satellite box and the DVD player. Given that I haven't bought the satellite box yet and for the cost of the cables, I could probably get a new DVD player, is this the best way to go? Also, is any Direct TV box better that any other one in this regard?

Two other considerations:

Anthem will eventually (months away) offer an upgrade to my AVM20 to support HDMI inputs and outputs. It will have a Gennum GF9350 VSP image processor if that means anything

I'd like to feed the video signal to other monitors. Since the DVD player and most likely the satellite box have multiple outputs, this should be a problem.

Thanks for any help,

Curt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.