So my current thinking is:

Outlaw Audio 950/755 combo: $2098

B&W 600 Series 3 5.0 setup: $1150

Mains 2 x DM601 S3

Center LCR60 S3

Sats 2 x DM600 S3

Hsu VTF-2: $449

Total: $3697

Unfortunatley, a little bit over, but I would be ok with the price.

Primary use is home theater audio, specifically DVD, some TV mixed in. I'd say its around a 70/30 DVD/TV ratio for us. Music would be occasional, CD only, and more of a thing when company was over just for the heck of it than to actually seriously listen to music. I doubt we'll get into DVD-Audio for quite a while, we just aren't that big on music listening.

I have not had a chance to audition any of this equipment. With outlaw I have the 30 day return to try out the equipment. The B&W speakers would be obtained locally from a high end dealer, so if I didn't like them I'm sure I could work something out with him. The Hsu would be from the factory direct store online.

Does anyone have any other recommendations and advice for me?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Sounds like a very good system, you should be very happy with it. The only way to be REALLY sure is to try them in your house. I can't tell you the amount of stuff I try and return before I settle on something.

You can always return speakers (unless of course the shop doesn't allow that).

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, now i'm into thinking of trying the Rockets for around the same price/configuration, and scrapping up the bucks for either a Hsu TN series or Hsu VTF-3. Not sure on the amp situation yet, and was thinking of waiting on the receiver a little and continue to use my HTPC to do the DD5.1 decoding and act as my preamp for a few more months.

Thanks for the input. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.