AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for an upgrade to my Home theater system(TV, Speakers)

I am looking into buying the Sony GW 50 LCD WE610.

But, I have been reading some pretty negative reports on the Sony.

Many people having problems with the lamp circuits, power on and off, noisy sounds etc.

any other similar LCD's (50") that do not exhibit these problems.

I also heard that in Feb Sony is changing the circuitry on the power function? ANy new information ?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
"The black level when this TV turns off on you is fantastic!"

mpgxsvcd...The post like the above is not welcome. If you do not like it, so be it, comments like this are not needed and are not at all helpful.

·
Registered
266 Posts
redstar ,

grab a beer sit back and start reading, a great place to start is the GWIII owners thread, contains a wealth of info, from setups to compatability of dvd players, Iam sure after some reading which by the way is like a good novel you will be in a position to make an intelligent decision.

Good Luck

Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
had my 50" on order from Sears for over a month now,, delivery was promised February 17th,,

sales staff at Sears would not support any problems but just indicated backlog of mfg on the light engine was casuing the delay,,

the day I orderd mine they also took another 8 orders,,

must be something GREAT about this unit,,

one other message indicated units built after VIN 9106059 are of the new design,, will post my VIN number next month when my set is received,, if it below the above number I will not accept delivery and hold off a few more months,,

enjoy,,

·
Registered
721 Posts
TV does look fantastic when I have seen at retailers. I , so far, have been scared off by the initial problems.

Jeff

·
Registered
72 Posts
Derry,

You said

"one other message indicated units built after VIN 9106059 are of the new design,, will post my VIN number next month when my set is received,, if it below the above number I will not accept delivery and hold off a few more months"

Good plan but not sure how that will work. I may be mistaken but I don't believe the serial # is on the outside of the carton.

Do you intend to have the guys who deliver it wait around for you to unpack and check the serial #, then take it back if it is below 9106059?

I'm not being sarcastic, just would like to know your plan.

BTW below is serial #’s posted that indicate the potential problem sets,

KF50WE610

SN 9000001 to 9027085

SN 9100001 to 9102208

SN 9102209 to 9106059

Just wondering if this means that no sets were manufactured between #’s 9027085 and 9100001, or were sets manufactured between the two numbers but used different components that are not defective.

Anybody care to answer that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.