AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of my equipment in a spare bedroom that is only 10'x12'x8' so a THT would a lil much...

Now, I have a subwoofer just sitting in the garage, brand new, never used. I'm just not sure if it is something that I want to use in this build as I have read EVERY post that had anything to do with building a Tuba on here and Bill's forum, and they all said use the recommended sub.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...3&locale=en_US

That is the sub I have, just really wondering if it is going to be worth a flip in this build?!? Or, should I try and sell it for what the recommended sub would cost.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If the specs don't work then it won't work well in a horn. Simple as that. I don't have a tuba, but I know that you can't just drop in just any driver. If the guys that are familiar with the tuba 18 say it won't work then I would tend to believe them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know that feeling. I had a 10" Pioneer sub speaker that had been in my truck and I REALLY wanted to use it, but after reviewing all of the info on Bill's site, I went ahead and bought the $35 8" MCM for my Table Tuba build. No regrets!

NCDaveD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts