AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was very close to ordering a Denon 1910 receiver but came upon a thread mentioning HDMI issues with Samsung sets. I have a 4665f that had the mainboard replaced due to the old HDMI handshake issues.

Does anyone have this TV/receiver combo? If so what's your experience with it?

Due to this issue, would a Yamaha RX-V765 be a good choice? I'm annoyed with the Samsung problems because I was really set on the Denon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick aside, does anyone think that using an HDMI-DVI cable/adapter to hook this up to the DVI-D port of the Samsung 4665f would solve the HDMI problems that this TV is experiencing with the 790/1910s, since it would be using DVI-D? I'm set on this receiver, but worried about the HDMI problems. Would there by loss of quality in the image over DVI-D?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimms /forum/post/18203602

Quick aside, does anyone think that using an HDMI-DVI cable/adapter to hook this up to the DVI-D port of the Samsung 4665f would solve the HDMI problems that this TV is experiencing with the 790/1910s, since it would be using DVI-D? I'm set on this receiver, but worried about the HDMI problems. Would there by loss of quality in the image over DVI-D?

I'm not an expert on this stuff, but here goes ...

I don't think the problem with HDMI is the "HDMI" physical connector, it's the "HDCP" that's also in the protocol, ie the DRM. This same DRM can also be implemented over a DVI connector. So I don't think that changing cable types will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts