AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newb here, not sure if this is the right place to ask since its a two part question but here goes...

I have a Samsung HT-TQ85 I purchased a long time ago mainly because I wanted tall boy speakers, a disc changer and they got decent reviews on Amazon. Since then I've obviously wanted something better but with all the changing technology I kept holding out...now I have the urge to pick something up because I need at minimum one more hdmi port if not two at this time.

My plan was to get the Denon AVR-S500BT mainly because I wanted bluetooth so I can connect my pc or phone for music vs using a mic in lol, also Denon in general gets good reviews and the reviews say it packs a lot of features for the price. I almost wanted to push the envelope and maybe get the Marantz 1403 or the Yamaha RX-V477 but that became such a slippery slope of paying more and more when the Denon had the basics I needed.

So...onto speakers, my buddy has the Energy Take's in his house and says they're a great bang for the buck even though he originally paid $500+ and has a wider room than me, my thinking was to follow suit but I kept hearing how they might be underwhelming being satellites.

My room is technically 11' wide, 8' high and my seating area is 16' deep...but the room is open behind that. I mainly want the new surround for gaming/movies but will listen occasionally to music now that I'll have bluetooth. I don't really listen to anything 'too' loud often, which I heard some setups lose quality at lower volumes. Just wondering what peoples pro's/con's look like for the Denon AVR-S500BT matched to the Energy Take 5.1 setup for the money.

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
I meant that for the whole setup, didnt see an edit button. At first I was going to just upgrade the receiver and use my existing Samsung speaker setup for now.
I would put Sound Appeal on short list - 3 pair for under $225 shipped
for 5.0 speakers and have a spare. You can turn one speaker sideways
if you can not do vertical placement for the center.
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Books...=8-1&keywords=sound+appeal+bookshelf+speakers

Look at Dayton for a budget friendly sub
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1200-12-120-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-629

Look at Denon refurb here
http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...l-4k-ultra-hd-a/v-receiver-w/bluetooth/1.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Newb here, not sure if this is the right place to ask since its a two part question but here goes...

I have a Samsung HT-TQ85 I purchased a long time ago mainly because I wanted tall boy speakers, a disc changer and they got decent reviews on Amazon. Since then I've obviously wanted something better but with all the changing technology I kept holding out...now I have the urge to pick something up because I need at minimum one more hdmi port if not two at this time.

My plan was to get the Denon AVR-S500BT mainly because I wanted bluetooth so I can connect my pc or phone for music vs using a mic in lol, also Denon in general gets good reviews and the reviews say it packs a lot of features for the price. I almost wanted to push the envelope and maybe get the Marantz 1403 or the Yamaha RX-V477 but that became such a slippery slope of paying more and more when the Denon had the basics I needed.

So...onto speakers, my buddy has the Energy Take's in his house and says they're a great bang for the buck even though he originally paid $500+ and has a wider room than me, my thinking was to follow suit but I kept hearing how they might be underwhelming being satellites.

My room is technically 11' wide, 8' high and my seating area is 16' deep...but the room is open behind that. I mainly want the new surround for gaming/movies but will listen occasionally to music now that I'll have bluetooth. I don't really listen to anything 'too' loud often, which I heard some setups lose quality at lower volumes. Just wondering what peoples pro's/con's look like for the Denon AVR-S500BT matched to the Energy Take 5.1 setup for the money.
I use the Take's in my Sunroom. I wanted small speakers that aren't prominent for obvious reasons. They are fine given their size. However
You can do much better with larger speakers if you are not size limited. Their dynamics will be far superior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is space from the back wall and issue with the pioneers? I have my tv and electronics pressed right up against the wall...I saw a few people comment about keeping the floor stand model away from the wall.

·
Registered
19,827 Posts
Is space from the back wall and issue with the pioneers? I have my tv and electronics pressed right up against the wall...I saw a few people comment about keeping the floor stand model away from the wall.
I would give the Pioneer a little room to breath - however, I prefer the
Sound Appeal overall sound signature over the Pioneer.

However your choice, option and call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts