AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy the

Samsung - UN55B8500, It is quite pricey for a LCD but it seems to be the best LCD out there right now. Do you guys think this TV is pretty much the best LCD I can buy. I came into a bunch of money and I still have an old Toshiba 46" Rear Projection. I want to upgrade to this but don't want to buy the wrong TV. Let me know if there is anything better in LCD LED that I can buy. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes it is the best LCD HDTV out there at the moment. Spec-wise, LG's LH90 series is almost as good, with their 55 inch model coming in at around $1000 less compared to the Samsung equivalent. If budget is not a concern, however, then by all means go with the 8500.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Well I own it and love it.At times picture quality is so good it looks like 3d without glasses.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zshadow /forum/post/18170516

Yes it is the best LCD HDTV out there at the moment. Spec-wise, LG's LH90 series is almost as good, with their 55 inch model coming in at around $1000 less compared to the Samsung equivalent. If budget is not a concern, however, then by all means go with the 8500.

What he said. The LH90 has slightly better RGB tracking (after calibration) thanks to it's 10-point IRE adjustment, and it has much better viewing angles. The B8500 has better blacks (especially in lighter scenes) and thus, a higher contrast ratio. Overall, I'd say the B8500 has the edge because contrast ratio is the most important thing when it comes to picture quality. If money is absolutely not a concern and you're not really concerned about viewing angles, the B8500 is the slightly better TV. Another plus with the Samsung is you can separate frame interpolation and motion blur reduction, meaning you can reduce motion blur without adding frame interpolation (which causes the 'soap opera' effect).

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicBeardMan /forum/post/18170625

Yeah, I guess I will go with the 8500. Money is not a factor. I appreciate everyone's help.

Did you get it?

What did you compare it to?

I have a Mits 52" DLP 1080i that is having some problems, so I was considering this vs. other LED based LCD's.

My room has a wall of windows, so I need a non-glare screen.

How is this TV for shiny vs. non-glare screen?

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts