AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone foresee a constant height HD projector in the near future? Is this possible?

MakMak

·
Banned
946 Posts
If by constant height HD projector you mean a native 2.35 projector, according to Alan, there is nothing in the distant horizon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wouldn't there be a market for a projector with an anamorphic lens attached to it? I mean you could in theory make a more optimized projector/lens-combination if you focused on that "from the start" I guess?

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a available. Check out the Runco projectors with the Cinewide option. This is exactly what they are trying to do.

From what I have read though, the jury is still out on whether or not you benefit from this option. I think with a good projector, scaler, and an ISCO III lense you will have as good or better quality as some of the cheaper Runco projectors that cost significantly more. This is not first hand experience though.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The future is 2.35 as more and more people get into home theatre and the prices come down.

The beauty of the Runco package is that it's made to work perfectly with each other. It's the most idiot proof and less techincal of the lens systems. But you have to pay $$$ for it.

If some of the less high end projector companies had a similar package more people would go 2.35. The average user doesn't want to fiddle around with scaler's and lenses when they play dvd's. They want to hit one button and it's all set up. At the moment that costs mega bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.