AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still getting a message about changed phone numbers every night. This has persisted for 2 weeks+. Any way to stop it? Not critical, a nuisance. I even went through the procedure a couple of times. The schedule is sent for 7.5 days ahead, so I'm getting it from somewhere. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I get one message on every single connection. I figuered since I live in NYC with at least 3 local area codes that I'll be seeing this forever. Replay told me they were working on fixing it but I determined that I wouldn't hold my breath.

Since I've yet to read an "message" from replay that held even the remotest interest to me I just ignore the whole message system. I assume that if something important comes up I'll find out about it here.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Iaen Sullivan
I am still getting a message about changed phone numbers every night. This has persisted for 2 weeks+. Any way to stop it? Not critical, a nuisance. I even went through the procedure a couple of times. The schedule is sent for 7.5 days ahead, so I'm getting it from somewhere. :)
If you haven't already tried it what has proven to work is to go into setup and change your phone number to that of a nearby town. Allow replay to phone in and get those new numbers. Then go back into setup again and put in your correct phone number. This time after replay gives you a new list of local numbers choose the closest one and you should be all set. For whatever reason replay seems to get stuck at the old numbers and until you remove the old numbers by allowing a totally different set to load, you can't get the new message free ones.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This seemed to work for me. (It also took may have taken care of the nasty 'modem hung up' message. I've connected for 5 days with no problems.

From Replay's tech support:

Steps:

The procedure to connect to RTVS manually is as follows:

1) Press MENU on the ReplayTV remote.

2) Select 'Setup' in the menu.

3) Select 'Change Dialing & Input Settings.'

4) Select 'Continue' to get past phone number to the ZIP Code screen.

5) Select 'Stop' to clear ZIP Code.

6) Select 'Left Arrow' to go back to Telephone Number.

7) Select 'Stop' to clear Telephone Number.

8) Re-enter Area code + first 3 digits of Telephone Number

9) Select 'Continue to Zip code

10) Re-enter Zip Code.

11) Continue to Prefix

12) Enter Prefix if required

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.