AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what most of you are using between the two layers of wood. I am thinking of making the baffle out of two sheets of mdf and am not sure what to use between them. I used to use a glue that Northcreek used to sell for this purpose because it wouldn't harden like wood glue, thus soaking up vibrations from the wood. Also wood there be a significant gain in doing this or am I doing more work than needed. Project is a slim 2-way with 36x8x10 with a vertical brace from top to bottom of enclosure. 3/4" mdf on all walls and brace.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I'm using yellow wood glue. lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just used liquid nails and then used a screw that had 3/4" unthreaded so that it pulls the two pieces together very tightly. I believe they were size 8 and 2 inches long, and I used the extra 1/2" to screw into a piece of plywood in order to close the front baffle up. Worked quite well and with the liquid nails in between it should act like one solid piece of 1 1/2" MDF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.