AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this may have been talked about a couple of years ago.....but, we just had some major construction in our home and it was very dusty! Any thoughts about DLP dust inside by Samsung? If it looks as bad as my AV equipment on the outside, I must have some gunk on the internal parts. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I didn't do any construction and my place is rather clean and no carpeting yet when the service guy opened up my DLP there was a layer of dust on the bottom where the bulbs shine up.

I can only assume yours is much worse.

·
Registered
15,822 Posts
Dust collects inside all electronics (since they all have vents to dissipate heat). Unless you notice an effect on PQ, I'd leave it alone. If you bought an extended warranty, it should cover routine maintenance, such as internal cleaning.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oliver
I didn't do any construction and my place is rather clean and no carpeting yet when the service guy opened up my DLP there was a layer of dust on the bottom where the bulbs shine up.

I can only assume yours is much worse.
Dust will always gather, no matter how much we try to sanitize a space. Just a fact of life. Nothing to do with DLP or any technology. Ask anyone who has had a CRT RPTV in a sanitized space how much dust they've found in it the first time they gave it a cleaning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.