AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For wall acoustic panels I have seen threads where people build frames and put the acoustic material in the frame and then cover it with the FR701 fabric from the company in Maine, however, there is a local company in my area called Theater Extreme that sells panels covered in the fabric separately without any framing. These panels are fairly expensive and I am sure they are marked up 200% at least. While I was in their showroom I fell in love with the look of the square edge panels attached to the wall and then framed externally with wood stained trim around it like a picture frame. There is normally wood columns seperated by an open area with the acoustic panels framed in the middle of the open area between the columns. What acoustical panel material is stiff enough to simply pull the fabric over and staple to the back and then fasten to the wall without building a frame to support it and still has a decent NRC level? Also where can I source this material?

Here is a link to a picture but it does not show the wood trim around the panels.

http://www.theaterxtreme.com/images/...ema5Tall_s.jpg

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
It's most likely an OC705 core that's had the edges resin hardened. The cloth is attached via spray adhesive - not stapled.

Bryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.