AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to rent a HD cam for an event (for a day or two) and was wondering if anyone knows of a consumer HD cam rental in the LA or San Diego areas where I could pick one up from. Since I'm not in the industry, this would need to be a place that would rent to an "outsider"

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is no "consumer" HD cameras. Professional models are available for rental in every major market. I believe a company called Bexel rents in the LA area.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, BTW I mentioned "consumer rental" not "consumer HD cam", since I'm aware that there aren't yet any consumer HD cams. However, I'm sure there must be non-industry folks like me who are willing to shell out a few $k for a *very* special occasion (i.e. wedding).

Greg

·
Registered
532 Posts
s/Consumer/Prosumer/g

·
Registered
55 Posts
HiDefGuy,

I work for Bexel in Atlanta. Yes, we rent HD camera packages in Burbank and Irvine, CA. 1080I, 720P, 24/30 frame Sony and Panasonic cameras. See www.bexel.com for all locations and info, or call 818 841-5051 (LA). We also carry lower end camera packages down to DV. And yes, we rent to "outsiders"!

Greg, thanks for the plug!

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.