AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been emailing with Kevin in the last week?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got an email from him today was a week ago I believe it was.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He must not have liked my request

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was almost a year ago, so I dont remember the exact numbers, but I had a butt load of money for the HT and van builds. At that time the Maelstom-X 21 was about $550 and there was a promo: Buy one 21, get 2 Anarchys for free. I needed SIX drivers! Two for the HT, four for the VAN!

My offer was something like $500 per 21" and the free pair of Anarchy's each... so I'd have 6 pairs of Anarchys, but a 7th pair, and make 7 MTM's for 7.1 surround. So something like $3200 IIRC was an offer I made. I was denied, and, told that I could only get 1 pair of Anarchy's.. one set for the first driver. So instead I dropped $1200 or $1250 on six IB3 18's at $199/ea plus shipping.

A couple months later I was offered 21's at $450 shipped, but told it was to clear room for the next shipment. I was informed I'd have to check back at a later date otherwise as it was a timing thing. So I emailed again 2 weeks ago and said I bet it's busy season with Christmas coming and he's prolly all stocked up, but can I PLEASE PLEASE get two of them for that cost.

Haven't heard back. I think I emailed twice. We used to go back and forth during his designing process on a regular basis. We havent spoken in a while. I hope I didnt offend him with the offer!

In the mean time I am looking at getting custom Death Penalty 21's instead for significantly less. No XBL^2, *only* 27mm Xmax, not the "world renowned" Maelstrom, but I think with the slightly higher Sd due to a normal profile surround, that will make up for the Xmax of 32mm. Slightly larger Sd to compensate for the slightly smaller Xmax... but at around 1/2 the cost!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Man , A pair of mal 21's for that price would be killer!

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
He's got to make money Dawg!

His promo deal was incredible by itself. He likely just broke even during that sale. I can't see how he could be expected to do another 10% off that crazy price with the free drivers included. I'm still amazed at how nice that deal was. I didn't know about it or I would have jumped all over that.

You were expecting too much at that time. Heck, looking back, you were just trying to get it $300 lower. My guess is that you would now pay a bit more than the $300 to get all those drivers.

That's because it was an incredible deal that just couldn't go any lower.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you were looking at it totally different than him. You thought that buying 6 would make him more money because of one shipment, so he could lower the price. But to him, buying 6 means more free drivers to one guy versus to 6 different people trying out his stuff. When deals are that good, you jump in quickly. We've all seen them.......and to keep guys from clearing the inventory on those deals, they normally say "1 sweet deal per customer". It's meant to get as many as they can in the door to try the product and they certainly aren't expecting to lower the price. I might have taken some offense if I was him, but I know he's a pretty good guy, so who knows.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And here I did again by askin for the same price. I know. I have bed etiquette

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I'd love a few 21's. My mal-x 18's are great but a few 21's would be.....ummmm better!!

I just don't have the room at the moment, 8 x 18's I think is enough for now lol

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG
I'd love a few 21's. My mal-x 18's are great but a few 21's would be.....ummmm better!!

I just don't have the room at the moment, 8 x 18's I think is enough for now lol
so you had mach5s then replaced them with 2 or 8 MX18s?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elill /forum/post/19605104

Anyone know where I can get a 21" Mal from at the moment? (US sites are not a problem)

Elill im sure your aware In Aus Audio marketplace = SGR (Stewart & Harry) are the Exclusive supplier of Exodus Audio, and for that sole reason Kevin H will not ship direct to Aus & it would be doubtful if any one in Aus would be willing to part with there M 21's

If you do decide to go with the M21's Im sure you will be very happy with there performance if applied in an optimized alignment for full potential...

Cheers...

·
Registered
9,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elill /forum/post/19605104

Anyone know where I can get a 21" Mal from at the moment? (US sites are not a problem)

Did you email AMP/SGR and find out when they're getting more stock?

If you are desperate and want one right now, there are on shipping services such as www.priceusa.com that will do it for you, but be prepared for a hefty shipping charge on the driver.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Thanks Scott.

Do you know what the Ft3 or volume of the driver is?

I am trying to see how small I this cabinet will be. On the application guide it stated 3cuft w/100%poly fill so I figured it didn't like anything smaller but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308
If you are desperate and want one right now, there are on shipping services such as www.priceusa.com that will do it for you, but be prepared for a hefty shipping charge on the driver.
We're not getting them here until feb/march.

I have asked for a quote from the price usa guys anyway. It shouldn't be too bad (I want an sms as well)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts