AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2nd LT150 shipped yesterday and will probably be in my hands on Monday. I am going to sell it to an AVSforum member for exactly what I paid. (I have to look it up but it was $1,700 something plus tax I believe.) Yep, I'm not going to make one red cent off this deal, but I am going to get something out of it.

Your job is to write an essay, record a song, design a graphic - anything creative that demonstrates why you deserve to buy my NEW, UNOPENED LT150 for the now-defunct Dell deal price. Post (content or link) to your creative work here. Consider other themes for your work, why you love HT, why AVS is a great place to hang out, etc but keep in mind the main theme is convincing me to sell you my LT150. The contest will not run very long. I'll decide later this weekend when to close it.

The terms of buying my projector are as followed: the buyer should be willing to pay in certified funds or wait for a personal check to clear (2 weeks). He will be responsible for all shipping costs. If the buyer wishes to return the unit to Dell, he is responsible for those shipping costs and any restocking fees incurred by Dell. I will not refund any money until I've received my refund from Dell. I am willing to open the box and try it out before shipping the unit, though i prefer to have payment in hand. (If it's defective and Dell will exchange, you get the exchanged unit. If not, I send your money back to you and Dell gives me a refund. Fair enough?)

Let the games begin! :) (I'm serious.)

Sam

·
Registered
386 Posts

Sam, I just wanted to thank you for this public-spirited gesture. I won't be competing for the right to buy the projector (I'm happy with my Davis DLP), but your offer represents the spirit of the forum I have enjoyed over the past 18 months. Good luck to those of you trying to get a second chance at this great deal!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sam,

This is more like it! I was losing faith with all the greedy rats around here. Had I known what sorts of shenanigans were going to ensue, I would have bought a few just to resell the way you're doing it.

Thanks for the best post this week,

Jeff

·
Registered
950 Posts
Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, there were empties 'n butts left by some drunken louse.

The 5th that I hid by the chimney with care, had been snatched by a clod who discovered it there.

My guests had long been touted into bed, to wake in the morning with lead in their heads.

My mouth full of cotton hung down in my lap, 'cause I was just dying for one more night cap.

When in the North window there came such a yell, that I jumped from my bed to see what the hell , and what to my rummie ol eyes should appear, but a sleigh full of booze and 8 drunken reindeer.

Staggering onward those 8 reindeer came, as he hicupped an belched an called them by name.

"On Brandy, on Vodka, we ain't got all night. You too Scotch and Bourbon, this time do it right.

Get up on the ceiling, get the hell off the wall, get moving you rummies, we've still a long haul."

So up the roof went reindeer and truck, but a tree branch hit Santa before he could duck.

When he slid down the chimney with all of his gifts, there was one that was missing, something was amiss.

He was dressed all in red, and had white fur for a trim, and the way the fink swayed, he was filled to the brim.

I told him my wants for my new home theater, but he said what I needed was not here either.

I expressed that I'd written my prose with great care, but alas he told me my 150 was not there.

I needed to know, how to achieve what I need, and what was necessary in order succeed.

After reading my prose, he put his hand to the end of his nose, gave me the finger, and up the chimney he rose,

but I heard him mumble, with a trace of a leer, keep on writing, and it should be here.

So I'm writing to you at your behest, with the confidence that I will be the best.

When I win I will take such obvious delight, that I will watch my new toy for at least a fortnight.

I thank you for the fun an forethought, unless my prose has been for naught. LOL

Thanks for the FUN opportunity!

Cheers, VB

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Good luck judging this one, Sam!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sam was selling a projector so new

A contest would decide just to who

I hope I don't win

Hence my problems begin

Cause last week I already bought two!

Les Arrow (c) August 2001

All Rights Reserved

·
Registered
950 Posts
smchan, thanks for the vote of confidence. I'm sure that the mavens here will one up my ass sooner or later, but my snaptic juices are flowing, and who knows, somebody that took creative writing 101 will rise to the occassion.

However, I have much confidence in my yet to be unvailed "HAIKU!!!!

However, my wife is still wondering what I'm going to do about the mess on the lower decks of the ARK!!!

Ya know, Noah never did think that far ahead!! Like, What's a cubit??? We had to recalculate all of our measurements!!

I hired a cleaning company, now all she has to get used to is the smell of cigars, and stale beer!!

She has no compassion about how hard it was to gather 2 of every kind of animal (Male & Female)!

Have you ever tried to figure out the sex of 2 mosquitoes??

Now, the kids, there the other problem!

Their bitching 'cause we have all this open space on the lower deck, and now that the animals are gone, and since the white dove flew away, they have nothing to do!!!

Soooo, I told them that all is now right with the world, and soon we will have a home theater, and if I don't win.... well I'm afraid the Missess will make me go the way of the animals that didn't make it to the ark!!! Gurgle, Gurgle!!

Now the kids might have an entirely different agenda!

I PROMISED!!!

Only time, and the inability of the other solicitous, greedy, impetuous, gratuitous, and any other O U S word I can come up with will tell.

As always, VB

·
Registered
102 Posts
How 'bout a $250. donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation for the right to purchase at your price??

------------------

Jim Gunther

·
Registered
496 Posts
There once was an LT-150,

Which (by all reports) was quite nifty,

The price was just right,

So I ordered all night,

But now what will I do with all fifty?

- Marc

[This message has been edited by mblank (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Gunther:
How 'bout a $250. donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation for the right to purchase at your price??
Hmmm.... that's certainly a noble and creative suggestion!

Sam

·
Registered
950 Posts
Jim, welcome!!

You posted:

"How 'bout a $250 donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation for the right to purchase at your price"??

I'm there!!! Thanks for the thoughtful post!

It's only now obvious!

If I can afford the new toy cost, I can afford the money for the foundation!!

Thanks, VB

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.