AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this here as many LCD forum users recommended a plasma instead of the TV I was going to buy tomorrow. Any help will greatly be appreciated...

become more lost then when I began. BTW I have searched this forum high & low. Plain and simple this is what I am looking for:

1.) A TV (LCD/Plasma)

2.) A TV that can handle fast action movies and ESPECIALLY PS3 FPS Games such as Call of Duty!!!

3.) Do not want to go smaller then 32" or bigger then 42"

Here is what I have found so far and this is after several weeks of research:

I am leaning toward these TVs as of now:

a.) Samsung LN40C650 (an LCD with decent reviews)

b.) Panasonic TC-P42G25 OR TC-P42S2 (a few Plasma's with mixed reviews)

c.) ??? ANY other recommendations on TVs I may have over looked???

The TV will mainly be used in the basement with low lighting BUT will likely end up in the family room where there is a lot of light due to many windows.

Thank you all that reply. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I would go with the TC-P42G25 out of those choices you mentioned or push your budget up to $1,000 and get the Vizio XVT423SV (an LED/LCD with a lot of Internet Apps). You may even be able to find it somewhere today or this weekend for cheaper. But there are no other TVS I would consider in that price range other than the TC-P42G25. If you go up in prices a few hundred then you have some better options.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder /forum/post/19548332

I would go with the TC-P42G25 out of those choices you mentioned or push your budget up to $1,000 and get the Vizio XVT423SV (an LED/LCD with a lot of Internet Apps). You may even be able to find it somewhere today or this weekend for cheaper. But there are no other TVS I would consider in that price range other than the TC-P42G25. If you go up in prices a few hundred then you have some better options.

Thank you for your reply. I was leaning toward the G25 myself after doing more research BUT know I also found a good LED/LCD TV from LG. It is the

LG 37LE5300 OR the 42LE5400. I also heard great things, when it comes to my needs, that the LG 42LD550 is a great TV. Any info one these ones? Thanks again.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder /forum/post/19548332

I second that. Since I bought it, it has an amazing picture and very good with fast moving picture.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Considering you say you want to keep it under 700, I don't know how you are going to afford a 42G25. I've never seen it under $800. There have been all kinds of deals on the 42S2 which fits well under your price range.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreventerWind /forum/post/19549609

Considering you say you want to keep it under 700, I don't know how you are going to afford a 42G25. I've never seen it under $800. There have been all kinds of deals on the 42S2 which fits well under your price range.

Well that's why I said to push it up some. I frankly do not think if you are going to spend $700 for a TV that you should settle--might as well spend an extra couple hundred and get something better. I think the 42G25 or the Vizio is worth kicking in the extra money over the stuff that's out there for sale at 500 and 600 dollars.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder /forum/post/19549988

Well that's why I said to push it up some. I frankly do not think if you are going to spend $700 for a TV that you should settle--might as well spend an extra couple hundred and get something better. I think the 42G25 or the Vizio is worth kicking in the extra money over the stuff that's out there for sale at 500 and 600 dollars.

Well it sounds like jamster001 actually wants a TV in the 300-400 range, but by saying "

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by el aye
From Panasonic's EPP store (register through corporateperks.com to get access) you can get:

42S2 for $495

46S2 for $600

50S2 for $680

42G25 for $680

46G25 for $800

50G25 for $880

I'm debating between the 42G25, 50S2, and 50G25... such a tough choice.
50G25 if you can afford it obviously.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by el aye /forum/post/19551569

From Panasonic's EPP store (register through corporateperks.com to get access) you can get:

42S2 for $495

46S2 for $600

50S2 for $680

42G25 for $680

46G25 for $800

50G25 for $880

I'm debating between the 42G25, 50S2, and 50G25... such a tough choice.

I need to check for clearance but I would definitely lean toward the G25 series in this price range. Like I stated earlier though, I believe the 46" and 50" G25's have a different screen/paneling then the smaller versions. Also, would I still want the LE5300, LE5400, or the LD550? I am thinking I may wanna go with an LED/LCD just in case I do transfer the TV to my living room. Scared of the glare results if I had the plasma. Any overall suggestions?

·
Registered
638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by el aye /forum/post/19551583

Haha, I probably can but was starting off my TV hunt with a price around $500

So was I, but I ended up spending closer to $1,500

I kept looking at it as just a little more money will get me this feature, then total price would be closer to a grand and I decided if I'm going to spend that kind of money I want it nearly perfect so my decision became spend money on a cheap TV that I will want to replace ASAP or spend money on something I'm going to be happy with for a long time.

·
Registered
638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/19554976

I need to check for clearance but I would definitely lean toward the G25 series in this price range. Like I stated earlier though, I believe the 46" and 50" G25's have a different screen/paneling then the smaller versions. Also, would I still want the LE5300, LE5400, or the LD550? I am thinking I may wanna go with an LED/LCD just in case I do transfer the TV to my living room. Scared of the glare results if I had the plasma. Any overall suggestions?

I don't think you have to worry about glare too much from the G25 series.

·
Registered
200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/19554960

Thanks for the reply but I am definitely willing to up my budget if it is worth it. I am getting a lot of positive feedback on this G25 series. I believe the 50" has a different screen/panel so I am still looking into that. Any knowledge of this?

I've never heard that the 50" G25 has a different panel than the smaller screen G25s...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts