AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have a EA 1 in my media room and now extending it to my living room.

I will have Sennheiser Ambeo Bar in my living room and it has no C4 Driver and only way to add is IR. This unit also has no IR in like most AV receivers and that means flasher has to be struck in the front.

Can I run a IR extender like this fo 100 feet https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077JNK925/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AJTG2T3D3OVH4&psc=1

or my only option is run through CAT6 cable. I prefer the simplicity of running a single cable as shown above.

Thanks

Rajesh

·
Registered
850 Posts
Playing devils advocate the cat6 cable is also 1 cable and probably more flexible for other uses and likely cheaper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Playing devils advocate the cat6 cable is also 1 cable and probably more flexible for other uses and likely cheaper.
Not really. First I need to get a set of 3.5mm To Cat 6 converter, cat 6 cable, then 3.5mm female to female adapter to be able to the attach IR flasher that comes with C4. With the solution I want to see if it will work is just one 100 meter cable and not 3 items

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All

I have a EA 1 in my media room and now extending it to my living room.

I will have Sennheiser Ambeo Bar in my living room and it has no C4 Driver and only way to add is IR. This unit also has no IR in like most AV receivers and that means flasher has to be struck in the front.

Can I run a IR extender like this fo 100 feet https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077JNK925/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AJTG2T3D3OVH4&psc=1

or my only option is run through CAT6 cable. I prefer the simplicity of running a single cable as shown above.

Thanks

Rajesh
Run cat5, splice and crimp. You can use the different pairs for additional IR, audio baluns etc. ... don't waste the cat6 unless its for video.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was trying to avoid the whole splice and crimp. If the cable I posted will work then can do that. If not yes I may have to run Cat 5 or 6

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts