AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello, 

I am trying to figure out if my recievers can be in the racks located in my basement or must they be in each room? 

Im not sure if i am making sense but i am confused on how you get sound to binding posts on the walls which are connected to speakers if the audio goes through hdmi to the display. 

i don't understand how you can switch sources if the speakers are hardwired to a single receiver. 

Please help. 

·
Registered
46 Posts
you can have your receivers anywhere.. as long as you have speaker wire routed to them and back to the speakers you want to output sound to

In my situation.. i have my surround sound receivers in each room where I want surround sound.. I have my hdmi matrix in a closet with all my DVD/bluray and satelite boxes.. Control 4 would control everything in my closet. I dont really need a surround sound receiver per say in each room.. I really only need a multi channel amplifier that takes a HDMI input in each room.. a receiver is overkill.. but you use what you already have

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i think i get it . 

I have two rooms i want surround in .....5.1 - so here i want one receiver for each room that can be in the basement rack but wired to the rooms? 

Did you use a balun through the receiver out to the tv to have surround and the display? 

thanks again, i am trying to do as much of this as possible on my own. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts