AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing the internet/AVS for about the past four months as I start working on my HTPC to add into my home theater. However, I have not seen this issue addresses anywhere.

Is there some sort of USB dongle that I can buy that lets me control my PC with my Nevoq50 controller? It doesn't have to be 2way, although that would be nice. I jsut want to be able to take the computer out of sleep, and then control a media program on a windows platform (maybe xbmc) with the controller. Has anyone used a nevo remote to control a computer? Please let me know. Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
94 Posts
there are many dongles available that come with or without remotes, and can be programmed to do various things. you can learn the codes into the nevo, then assign a command to each button in the software that comes with the dongle.

nevo does not have 2 way control as of yet, except for a few preprogrammed devices. (none of which are for controlling a computer)

check this out here:

http://www.usbuirt.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Thanks for the reply. That looks to be about halfway of what I need.

My computer is in a closet away from the other AV equipment While I have a nevo connect to control the AV equipment, I do not have one in the computer closet. A universal dongle is exactly what I need, but do you know of any that work with the RF of a nevo remote? I really don't want to have to buy another q50 just to control my PC. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
94 Posts
locate the nevoconnect in the main rack, and extend one of the emitters over to the PC using Cat5e.

i doubt that you will find an adapter that will control the PC via the Zwave protocol that nevo uses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts