AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sharp Aquos LC-52D85UN TV and I want to get a sound bar that Allows me to control the volume from the TV remote. Do I need a Sound Bar with HDMI or will the optical cable work. I tried an LG NB2020A with an optical cable and was unsuccessful in getting the volume controlled via the TV remote. If HDMI is required on the sound bar, please name one that will work. Thanks for assistance.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Generally speaking, you'd need a soundbar that connects to the TV via HDMI. Both your TV and the soundbar need to support HDMI-CTL (CEC). There are some exceptions where the soundbar comes with a small remote that can learn commands from your TV. Of course, another option is a programmable remote like the Logitech. Many of the popular soundbars discussed here regularly have HDMI. You can also search Amazon for their list of top soundbar sellers and look at the specs. It's probably more important to determine what features you want (besides volume control) and develop a short list of those in your price range.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Boston Acoustics sound bars (e.g., TVee26, TVee25, TVee10, TVee30) can be controlled with virtually any TV remote (except Direct TV AFAIK)...and you do not need HDMI. In other words, your Sharp TV remote will control the volume of the soundbar directly. I hate fumbling around with multiple remotes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts