AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I finished work on my theater and installed the lighting options. Nine years to be exact. It's never functioned as elegantly as I would have liked.

It uses Powerhouse components: A Transceiver #RR501 , An IR-> RF link #IR543 , a couple of SwitchLinc #2386 wall switches, a couple of X-10 lamp modules LM465, X-10 Remote RT504 and UR19A.

The receiver, BD player, projector are all operated by a Logitech Harmony remote 880 (IR only).

One of the wall switches has failed and I thought, rather than replacing it, that maybe technology has progressed to the point that I can get a superior system.

Does anyone have any ideas? I could always upgrade to the new Harmony RF/IR remotes to use. I also saw a system called Wink at Home Depot.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
28,236 Posts
Does anyone have any ideas? I could always upgrade to the new Harmony RF/IR remotes to use. I also saw a system called Wink at Home Depot.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
I recently purchased a set of WeMo wall switches that can be controlled via an app on my phone (works with both Apple and Android), but haven't had a chance to install them yet.

You might find more ideas on this in the Home Automation forum on this site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Insteon dimmers and an Insteon IR adaptor. I control it with a Harmony One remote. It works well enough, but to get scene control and ability to dim at various speeds, I'll need to get an insteon hub. It's on my list of things to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts