AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched for about an hour and couldn't find it.

I'm considering purchasing a Control4 system.

I know the system has a media player unit (with an 80GB harddrive) that plays mp3s. Is there a way to play audio in lossless flac or lossless wma formats from external hard drvies? If so, where do the hard drives attach? What software is used to catalog/display album art, etc?

Thanks for any help.

Mark.

·
Registered
696 Posts
mirdle,

Unfortunately the only codec Control4 supports is MP3 at max 320kbps. I think it would be a huge benefit if they started supporting the lossless formats and added a bigger hard drive.

There are USB ports on the Home Theater Controller and Media Controller for attaching external hard drives.

ComposerMedia Addition is available for free and you can purchase ComposerHE for more end user control for managing your media. The Cover Art and details are stored on the HTC and Media Controller and can be displayed and selected on the remote LCD, touchscreens, LCD keypads and on your display device.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I was afraid that was the case. According to my dealer, a future firmware upgrade is *planned* to include lossless .wma format. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Simply use a PC as a "source" into a Control4 Multi room amp or speaker point. Ditch the Media Controller in favor of the cheaper Home Theater Controller, no need for an over priced 80 gig drive. Simply use a network mounted drive or NAS. Now use RUDIO or Netremote to control the PC for audio selection and playlist creation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustnJPR /forum/post/0

Simply use a PC as a "source" into a Control4 Multi room amp or speaker point. Ditch the Media Controller in favor of the cheaper Home Theater Controller, no need for an over priced 80 gig drive. Simply use a network mounted drive or NAS. Now use RUDIO or Netremote to control the PC for audio selection and playlist creation.

If I went this route there would be no way for audio selection via the control4 touch pads or control4 on-screen menus, correct?

·
Registered
385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirdle /forum/post/0

If I went this route there would be no way for audio selection via the control4 touch pads or control4 on-screen menus, correct?

the answer can probably be found on the c4 forums, but I sure hope you're wrong.

tum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts