AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a control4 system. I want to make sure that it will work for what I want to do.

I am converting everything into a Apple mac system so all movies will be in mp4 format and all music will be in the itunes setup.

Does control4 work with these file types? If I have iso movie files, will control4 be able to handle them?

If I went with a basic control4 system, what basic components will I need? I'm a little lost on whether this is what I am looking for or if a mac / apple tv system would better suit my needs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
getting a C4 system is good and cost effective. I have had problem converting AAC files into Mp4 format, some of the system drivers do not support this, I personally do not recommend this. I have had Control4 system for 5 years now and works good on a windows platform.

A basic system using a HC 500 interfaced with a high end A/V recvr like the Denon 3808/3310 or the 4308 does wonders.Iam not sure of .iso files

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you planning on getting the new C4 media player together with the controller? I have the media player and it supports the media you are using including the non-bluray .iso files.

You can also use other media players that integrate with C4 to achieve the same thing. Netgear EVA-9150 and 9100 are the popular ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks, I will look at netgears product. which one do you have? i alreday have a configured HC500 in combination with a russound cav6.6s2, WD 2TB HDD and sony ps3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts