AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a small home install. When I got the final bids, one of the companies came back and suggested going with two HC-200s vs one HC-300. I am still getting the SR-250 remote with the HC-200s. And the price came down from the original bid.

I am just starting with four zones of audio, and our main TV. Pulling wire for future buildout, but budget is keeping things small.

So any drawbacks going with two HC-200s vs. one HC-300 to start? Their reasoning is that I'll get more processing power and faster response going with the two. Thoughts?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Going with 2 HC-200's is a good choice. You are essentially getting 2X the processing power of a single HC-300.

They should be set up such that one unit runs Director and the other runs the on-screen navigator which take a lot of processing power.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that is exactly what they're telling me they'll do. So I think this will work out ok.

·
Registered
388 Posts
WAIT!!! Are the controllers going to be set up as two separate, independent systems or something? An HC-200 can't be used as a master controller in a multiple-controller system. You must use at least an HC-300 as a master controller if there are to be multiple controllers.

One HC-300 is quite sufficient for the proposed system. Start with that, and add HC-200s as you add audio zones, displays, zigbee devices, etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshepard /forum/post/20883992

WAIT!!! Are the controllers going to be set up as two separate, independent systems or something? An HC-200 can't be used as a master controller in a multiple-controller system. You must use at least an HC-300 as a master controller if there are to be multiple controllers.

One HC-300 is quite sufficient for the proposed system. Start with that, and add HC-200s as you add audio zones, displays, zigbee devices, etc.

It's my understanding this will work, per the installer. As mentioned above, one for Navigator, one for Director.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts