AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a simillar setup? I've got a Radio Shack (think the model is 15-1977) A/V switch that is IR remote controllable. Basically you train a code into it, and assign an input to the code.

I want to use it to switch my Sony 3000 DVD, Panasonic SVHS, and DishNetwork 501 PVR.

I found a discrete power on code for the 3000 (I have an 8811 as well) and was able to train the switch and also train the DVD device button on the MX-500 (the learning mode one, not the macro mode). Works perfectly.

However the 501 doesn't seem to have any discrete codes that I can find. I tried an alternate: the cancel key. Unfortunately, the RS box seems to take a repeat to get it to learn this code (I have to hold down cancel for a bit to get it to learn). After doing this, hitting the cancel key on the OEM remote switches just fine. However when I learn that into the device key for SAT, it's not recognized by the RS box.

My next thought is to find another discrete on (from a manufacturer i'm not using), and try that.

Any other ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.