AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just set up the sam ts160 with my old showstopper. it didn't have the data port i was used to so i tried ir blaster. There were no codes for the sam. tech said they might be discourageing coping? Anyway, exchanged it back at CC for the hughes htl-hd which does have data port. Back in business. (God forbid my wife misses the sitcom while at work) :)

Eventually want to want to go hd pvr but for now it's an area to watch for when getting the newer hd receiver

Jack

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hmm...are you saying you can control the HTLHD with serial cable from your Showstopper? That didn't work for me so I'm using IR blaster on my HTLHD and Showstopper...I tried a straight-through/extension serial cable but it didn't seem to do anything. I read about the older RTVs not going to get IR codes for Samsung, ever, around here somewhere, so that's why I got the HTLHD. I didn't see any settings to tweak on either the Showstopper or HTLHD for data port action, did I miss them somewhere?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, after opening my mouth before fully testing, I got the same results as you and have to use the ir blaster. AT LEAST WE GOT rEPLAY!:D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yup, I won't go back to life without PVR :)

Having to watch HDTV live with commercials for OTA (vs. record SDTV) is kind of annoying...I'm wondering what I'm going to do about HDTV timeshifting (for cheap, $999 HDTivo isn't in the budget for quite a while). Oh well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.