AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing extensive search on the subject i'm still unsure.

I understood that IRMan would surely work, but i would not buy a serial device, i 'd prefer much more an USB solution.

The USB/Irda interfaces are pretty expensive, and before i buy one i wanted to be sure. Airboard is no option because i already have a logitech cordless desktop hooked on PS2.

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just got a ir keyboard and mouse for $20-30. then i had the pronto memerize the codes. Worked for me, even the ctr/something keystrokes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nightanole,

Can you elaborate a bit more on how you got the Pronto to control the HTPC? I have a ProntoNeo and an Airboard keboard mouse combo. I would like to control some applications from the Pronto like cd player, DVD player, etc. Is this what you do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
falcon: it works the same way as a remote, point keyboard to remote, learn a... point keyboard to remote learn Shift+A....

what other kind of info are you looking for. http://www.remotecentral.com/files/c...-keyboard1.htm

also there are some macro programs you can find (such as Macro express or macromagic) so that way you can use hot-keys for some commands, then the Pronto only needs to send the hotkey command.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I do the same thing as the other guy. hold down the shift key or crt key. then let the pronto record the code when you press the other key. On some ir remotes its hard to get a clean code. I record the same key combo on 3 diff buttons and then look at the codes on the pc. then i use the smallest one as the clean code. To record mouse movements i took out my track ball and just moved one wheel at a time. the neo is almost the same other then the memory and macro lenght. It should work the same. On some ir keyboards though the freq is to high or dirty to have the pronto to record. My ir keyboard wont work with a ir booster but it is still simple enough code for my pronto to record it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.