AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a Harmony Elite (being shipped) and a Google Home which I will plan to use voice automation for my activities.

I was wondering if I would be able to have my Harmony Remote and Hub automatically dim the Hue light when I tell google to "Play A Movie"

I know they have buttons on the bottom for manual control, but I was wondering if I can integrate this into an activity without having to use a Smart Things Hub.

While I'm on that topic, would I have to also use a Hue Hub, or can I just get the bulbs?

Also, I dont care as much to have the lights dim or come on when i press play or pause (i know that was an issue they made a youtube video and custom program about). More so ti just have them turn on and off at the beginning or end of an activity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don’t know about telling Google but you can 100% set an activity on the elite to dim the lights or set a specific light scene.
You will need a hue hub to do anything with hue lights.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t know about telling Google but you can 100% set an activity on the elite to dim the lights or set a specific light scene.
You will need a hue hub to do anything with hue lights.
Awesome, this was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Apparently, you can connect it with google home and have verbal commands like "Tell Harmony to Watch a Movie" and it will activate the "Watch a Movie Activity"

Since I have your ear....Are there any benefits to integrating a SmartThings hub in this mix? I dont know too much about SmartThings.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad I could be of help. I've been trying to figure out how to get my Elite to connect with my RF/WIFI controlled blinds so I've been doing a bunch of searching lately. I'm by no means an expert with Harmony stuff.

I don't think you are going to need a smartthings hub for Philips Hue at least. Mine controls my lights natively. The lights need a Philips hue hub though or else they wont be anything besides regular light bulbs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad I could be of help. I've been trying to figure out how to get my Elite to connect with my RF/WIFI controlled blinds so I've been doing a bunch of searching lately. I'm by no means an expert with Harmony stuff.

I don't think you are going to need a smartthings hub for Philips Hue at least. Mine controls my lights natively. The lights need a Philips hue hub though or else they wont be anything besides regular light bulbs.
Maybe try this..

I was researching the limitations of Harmony and came across this as a possible solution.

I want to install a remote control kit on my ceiling fan, but most of the ceiling fan remote kits are RF. This may be the solution

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts