AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This spring Dish shifted my programming (just two Russian channels) from one satellite to another. They replaced the antenna, as expected, and then the receiver, too.

An RTV5k controlled a 3900 receiver (with the default 0775 code set) perfectly for years, but is hit-or-miss with the new 311 receiver. I can control the receiver with the RTV remote without trouble, but certain programmed recordings consistently fail. It seems as if the 311 does not receive all 3 digits of the channel (738 or 739), tries to tune 7 and ends up at the first available, 72 (infomercials, grrr).

I've tried various tweaks to the IR commands (number of digits, inter-action delay, etc.), so far without success. I've also tried the settings for the similar Dish 322. (Replay's support has never even heard of this model.)

Has anyone gotten these two boxes (RTV5k and Dish DP311) to cooperate?

TIA

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Can't say that's true.

775 controls all 5 dish recievers in my house, from the old 300 series to the new 7 series HD DVR.

Make sure you're taping the IR blaster over the 'clear' eye on the unit, and, if there is a lot of light in that room, use black tape.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Try 1167.

Worked for me on some models.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohns /forum/post/16928512

Can't say that's true.

Of course it's true. I didn't imagine it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjohns /forum/post/16928512

775 controls all 5 dish recievers in my house, from the old 300 series to the new 7 series HD DVR.

I didn't say code 775 didn't work. It's the timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench /forum/post/16943834

Try 1167.

Thanks for constructive advice. I'll try it when I get back home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts