AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running outdoor speakers to the "B" terminals of my older Onkyo 606 receiver. The Onkyo is located all the way down in my basement "mancave" (wiring was tough!!), so no where near where the outdoor speakers are located. I'm looking for available apps and such that I can use with my iphone to control either the receiver, or a component attached to it - possibly my HTPC.

I'm fine with turning the receiver on and off from the basement, and then walking upstairs and onto the back deck (where the speakers are), but when there I'd like to be able to select what to listen to, turn the volume up and down, and at least mute/cut all sound without having to go back downstairs and do it manually.

I haven't used it, but can I use the "remote" app on my iphone to control itunes on my HTPC, which is connected to the receiver? Does that give me the ability to turn the volume up and down? Any other apps you guys would recommend?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
The iOS "Apple Remote" app can remotely control an iTunes instance. If your HTPC is next to your Onkyo, you could use that if you're willing to use iTunes to serve up content. Volume can be adjusted using that app as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts