AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that to change inputs on the PLV-60 you must first press the Menu button, then use the arrow keys to navigate a menu. This sounds like a nightmare for controlling it via something like a Pronto remote.

Does anyone with a PLV-60 have a Pronto? Has anyone looked for any direct access codes for the input changes?

Or, if we are stuck with going through the menu, does pressing the Menu button always start at the top of the menu, or does it "remember" where it was the last time Menu was pressed. If it always puts the selection at the top of the menu, then maybe it's at least possible to control this with macros.

If there are not direct access codes, it seems like Sanyo dropped the ball on an important feature needed for a true HT product.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
MikeP,

Take a look at this thread at TBP. Explains the macro workaround for the lack of discrete codes.

BTW, I agree that it is a shame that all HT related equipment manufacturers do not include discrete codes for their products.

Chip

·
Registered
56 Posts
My NEC VT540 has discrete codes programmed in my Pronto!

If you have this PJ, you can get my codes from remotecentral.com under NEC->projectors

These are true discrete codes gleened from a NEC presentation remote which does not ship with this PJ.

Heath

·
Registered
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chs4
MikeP,

Take a look at this thread at TBP. Explains the macro workaround for the lack of discrete codes.

BTW, I agree that it is a shame that all HT related equipment manufacturers do not include discrete codes for their products.

Chip
The above link is no longer valid. Does anyone have Pronto codes for Sanyo projectors (PLV-60, or Cinema13HD)? I can only find "learned" ones on the web, not the Hex codes.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
MikeP,

Send me a PM and give me your email in it and I will send you a .ccf file with a panel which has the projector controls in it. There are no discretes so to change inputs one must go through the menu. The good thing is that the projector remembers the last settings for a given input so the idea is to set up only one device connection per input to the projector. i.e. the DVD via component input uses projector input 3. I use a scaler for my satellite (s-video) and VCR (composite) devices so I bring my scaler output (VGA) to a VGA to 5 BNC connectors to projector input 2. Finally for those computer users, projector input 1 is a VGA connection. All other controls and settings for calibration are not on the panel because calibrations are done infrequently.

Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
Guys,

On my PLV60 remote there is an input button and I made it available on my Marantz (pronto clone).

By pressing it you cycle between the 3 inputs. Works fine for me.

Regards,

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
I have a NEC MT 1040, Like you I use a macro to change inputs. The Macro (using menu) works well on the Pronto. The Pronto was made for that. To change to S-video there is about 15 steps. It is not invisible to the user, since they see the menu pop up and the choices scrolling, but it works well (and if it does not a second press of the button fixes it)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.