AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an InFocus SP4805 in my media room, along with an Onkyo TX-SR603 A/V receiver, and some other components. I have the Onkyo remote (which can learn other remotes' commands and have macros programmed) set up to control everything else in the room, including the DVD player. However I can't get it to control the InFocus projector, at least not powering it on/off.

I'd like to set the TV on/off buttons on the Onkyo remote to control the projector power, but those buttons cannot be set to a command learned from another remote. I have to punch in a code for the TV function to get those buttons to work, and there are no InFocus codes listed in the Onkyo manual. It doesn't even have a list of codes for projectors.

These components were purchased back in 2005, but even now I can't find projector codes on Onkyo's website. You'd think they would have added a section for that, but they have not. Do I have any options, besides buying something like a Harmony remote?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
If you learn the standard power button for the projector, does the on & off button punch through to that? If not, basic Harmony remotes are cheap these days and in any theater with an AVR and more than one source, I wouldn't want to live without one... ESPECIALLY if you're using more than one type of input on the projector.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose I could map the projector on/off buttons to some other button on the AVR remote. I was just hoping to make it a bit more intuitive for both me and my wife to remember what buttons do what, by having the TV on/off buttons control the projector.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
What I was asking was, if you learn/program the regular ON/OFF button (top left) for the TV group, does that then punch-through to the discrete TV ON and OFF buttons?

Also, if you're looking for easy/intuitive, a Harmony really is the way to go.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hopkins /forum/post/15532734

What I was asking was, if you learn/program the regular ON/OFF button (top left) for the TV group, does that then punch-through to the discrete TV ON and OFF buttons?

Also, if you're looking for easy/intuitive, a Harmony really is the way to go.

Yeah I know, just trying not to spend money on anything extra unless absolutely necessary.

The issue is that the On/Off, TV On/Off, TV volume, and TV channel buttons (on the Onkyo AVR remote) cannot be programmed via the remote's learning capabilities. Those buttons will only work after programming via code number, and I cannot find any InFocus component code numbers, either in the list I have or on their website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts