AVS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just wanted to post and report my positive experience with the IR4PS3. Just go through the assembly procedure (which is a lot of the fun) and plug in the device. It was that simple. Great accessory product for people with a Harmony remote.

- BigFoot_Lives

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 /forum/post/15463631

I ve read in other posts now that harmony has mapped a way for the ps3 to be turned off with the nyko...does anyone konw how to do it...i just got the bluwave and it seems like only th triangle, o, square and x are mapped to it.

I use a shutdown macro.

DirectionLeft * 8

DirectionUp * 3

X

200ms Pause

X

I have it set up in the Activity settings to do this upon leaving the Activity. Adds less than 5 seconds

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the Nyko with the PS3 & Harmony One. I've programmed 2 custom buttons under "e.g. Watch DVD" activity that turns off the PS3. Yesterday, I had a Level II Tech. map the sequence thus it now works with one click from the power button. It is also set up to turn off the device when you exit the activity.

Too bad it won't turn it on but ya, you're usually up anway.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb16 /forum/post/15449001

I have the nyko blu-wave, and I think it is fine. Turning on and off is the only thing, but like someone said I have to get up to chane games/movies anyway so no big deal.

The nyko blu-wave solution is the best value. When ppl ask me about this sutff, I dont even mention the more expensive options.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Guys,

I'm having some slight trouble setting up my Harmony exactly the way I would like it. I need to tinker a little more but here's what I want:

I want to be able to turn on the PS3 when I hit the "Watch DVD" button (already mapped my "Play PS3" to the button). Currently, I have to hit the "Watch DVD" button, then hit the "Help" key to turn on the PS3. I'm thinking because I "turned off" the IR4PS3 when I hit the "off" button, it can't receive the signal.

Also, I don't want the PS3 to turn off when I go to other functions, like "Watch TV". I almost have that set up right because it doesn't turn it off, BUT when I hit "Off" to turn off my TV, the PS3 will turn on if it's off.

I'm sure you guys have mastered this setup, but I'm still having some slight issues. The instructions Ben has provided in his PDF regarding Harmony setup don't really apply anymore because Logitech changed the wording of some of the Harmony's setup functions.

Thanks in advance.

D~

·
Registered
9,418 Posts
By the way in relation to the Harmony One remotes I went to Circuit City on Friday and got 2 of them for half price. If they are available in your area you should go check it out. I replaced my 890 models and Harmony One has been another great purchase.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/15822712

I use a shutdown macro.

DirectionLeft * 8

DirectionUp * 3

X

200ms Pause

X

Whoa! What is this? There's now a shutdown macro, which allows you to bypass use of the PS button? Is there a startup macro as well? Where did this info come from?

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSuave /forum/post/15909787

Whoa! What is this? There's now a shutdown macro, which allows you to bypass use of the PS button? Is there a startup macro as well? Where did this info come from?

All that does is navigate to the far left of the XMB and select OFF. You still have to get to the XMB before you can shut it off, which means you have to hit the PS button and/or exit the game/movie. There is no startup macro or button for the Nyko since it is unpowered when the PS3 is off.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonman13 /forum/post/15903887

I use the Nyko with the PS3 & Harmony One. I've programmed 2 custom buttons under "e.g. Watch DVD" activity that turns off the PS3. Yesterday, I had a Level II Tech. map the sequence thus it now works with one click from the power button. It is also set up to turn off the device when you exit the activity.

Too bad it won't turn it on but ya, you're usually up anway.

What is the phone number that you use to get in touch with level II tech? I cannot find it on the website.

thanks

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So if I get the PS3IRX1 it will work just like the PS3 controller minus the power off feature?

No problems with BR or DVD right?

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M /forum/post/15950552

So if I get the PS3IRX1 it will work just like the PS3 controller minus the power off feature?

No problems with BR or DVD right?

It'll work just like the PS3 game controller, not the Sony Bluetooth remote. That means you will have to rely on the triangle button for most of the special commands where the BT remote has direct mappings. Off the top of my head I think the PS3IRX1 will map 14 commands and the BT remote has 51 commands.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/15951300

It'll work just like the PS3 game controller, not the Sony Bluetooth remote. That means you will have to rely on the triangle button for most of the special commands where the BT remote has direct mappings. Off the top of my head I think the PS3IRX1 will map 14 commands and the BT remote has 51 commands.

The BT remote is the Nyko?

Nevermind, I see the BT remote now

·
Registered
9,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M /forum/post/15951993

The BT remote is the Nyko?

Nevermind, I see the BT remote now

The PS3IRX1 is similar to the Nyko. The PS3IR-Pro is similar to the Sony BT remote (able to output all of its commands).

21 - 33 of 33 Posts