AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I thought I could figure this out, but after hours of trial & error and lots of internet searching, I finally give up.

I have a 5.1 speaker setup with a Yamaha RX-V365 and a Comcast HD DVR.

Problem: Can I control volume on Comcast remote without having to press Aux key first?

The setup: DVR box is plugged into the V365 with an HDMI cable and an optical cable (because V365 doesn't pass sound through HDMI, super lame!).

From the receiver, I have an HDMI cable running to the TV. I used a code to pair the Comcast remote control to the receiver. However, now I have to hit the Aux key on the remote because changing the volume. Before, I could control volume normally through the "cable" key along with everything else. Additionally, I had a volume bar display on the TV itself.

Do I have the cables setup ideally for this situation? I also notice that on some channels, the volume switches down to 2.0 whereas some other ones have full 5.1. That's the provider, right? Not my setup? The 2.0 channels are a little annoying too because the volume is very low and we have to tun it up. When we switch back to a 5.1 channel, it's very loud.

I'm not sure if there is any way to fix any of this. And being more tech savvy, I don't mind switching the remote back to aux and back to cable, but admittedly this is for my parent's setup and not my own

Thanks! Any help is MUCH appreciated!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts