Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for ways of controlling the lights, climate controls and others using my ProntoPro and the HTPC (mostly to program it I think). What is the best way to do that? I've heard about X-10, but I'm not sure how it works. I want, at least, to control the lights of my HT through the Pronto, which is programed through my HTPC, but I don't how to do that. I guess I need a light controller that uses IR signals, so that I can teach them to the Pronto. Can anyone indicate me some ways to do so?

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I think an ocelot, would be what you are looking for. The "Home Theatre" forum on this site, may be a better source of information. I control lights with a simple X10 PowerHouse IR543 controller. Allows control of up to 8 different X10 outlets via IR. You buy light control modules, which allow dimming, and then there are 2 pin appliance and 3 pin appliance modeules, as well as wall switches, etc.

Check other forums on this site, as well as www.remotecentral.com and see what you can find.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Tudo bom Flavio?

I also have a Pronto but I find to dificult for programming it, so I am looking into the URC-2P from Xantech just check it out the sight is www.xantech.com .Software: scripts of up to 40 functions for any button, drop the screen, dim the lights, set the temperature play HTPC/DVD etc... it isn't a LCD touch screen device but looks good also. Ricardo

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Angeli662
I also have a Pronto but I find to dificult for programming it, so I am looking into the URC-2P from Xantech
Hi Ricardo. Not trying to cause problems here but I really think you should give the Pronto more of a chance. The programming can become a little overwhelming but once you figure it out it is amazing. I was an early adopter with the pronto and it is still one of the best purchases I ever made. If you haven't already checked out remotecentral.com I would suggest looking there for tons of information and a forum. If you have any specific questions just shoot me an e-mail. I'll try to help all I can.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi JP Where have you been while we were watching Superbit DVD's. just a jokeing////

I am somewhat happy with my pronto using with my FP and others equipaments including to replace my wireless keyboard.My problem is I can get my plasma TV to accept the IR signals and when I force it my home system automation goes crazy this including my spriklers system, and another thing is don;t think in eating popcorn with extra butter. Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.