AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Toshiba TW65H80 fed component video from my Denon 3300 AV Receiver. The 3300 accepts two different component video sources: (A) my DVD player and (B) a Motorola 6800 high def cable box.

The problem: When I switch from the HD cable image to my DVD image, the convergence is knocked slightly out of whack. Note, I have not switched the input on the Toshiba itself...the switching came through the 3300. So from the Toshiba's viewpoint, really nothing should have changed....it is just being used as a monitor.

Why would convergence be affected?

[If I can't fix this, I'll have to do something dramatically different such as using the S-video for DVD and reserve the component video solely for the high def signal.]

Thanks for you ideas.

David

·
Registered
492 Posts
I take it you only have one Component input on the TV?

If possible I would avoid the component video switching and go straight to the TV from the vide sources. I would invest in a good universal remote with macro capability so you can change your TV inputs and A/V sound source with a single button push.

Have you tried S-video from the DVD player to the TV and let the TV do any upconversion that it performs to see if you notice a difference between svideo and component. You may not notice a difference. It is worth trying to see what difference you notice.

Bryan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.