AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
managed to get a half assed setup happening on my 6pg. yeay, setup my first CRT! So i found and read a fair bit of material on getting the mechanical setup done, but on searching i've failed to find much info on doing the post mechanical setup; alignment, convergence etc.

i was able to get it good enough to watch movies (guessing many here would argue though), but there is still a lot of room for improvement. no matter what i did, i couldn't get most of the outer screen converged very well. so i'm wondering, is there some methodology in doing the convergence? i just dove in, tweaked this, then tweaked that, expanded this, skewed that etc till it was reasonable. should things be done in a certain order? also, is there a writeup somewhere that goes into the details of convergence? I searched without luck.

maybe its just something that has to be practices to get it down pat. also, why do people say NECs are hard to setup?

misconvergence aside, i was very (very!) pleased with my first CRT viewing (sin city). my previous projectors were lcds, so you can imagine how happy i was when the room went completely dark in dark passages between scenes. that movie wouldn't have been watchable on an lcd.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Nah, he wants the bit AFTER the mechanical setup - the electronic setup.

Things work in pairs and you work your way down the remote.

Tilt/skew with Bow - get the centre lines straight and level/vertical.

Amplitude with Linearity - get the sizes right and balanced on either side.

Keystone with Pincushion - to get the corners straight and balanced.

I can't remember whether a PG has balance controls (try CRTL + everything!!) - look in the menu to see all the options.

Alignment (Green) has different controls to Convergence (Red and Blue).

Mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mark. will give that a shot and see if things come together a bit better. i think my mechanical setup needs a little more work first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.